Vehicle Checklist & Basic Scrutineering List
- Tow hooks clearly identifiable front and rear
- Working Taillights/Brake lights
- Catch Cans, no venting straight from cam covers - minimum of 0.5L catch can
- Check oil lines and connections for leaks - Triple check these
- Check fuel lines and connections for leaks - Triple check these
- Seats mounted firmly with 4 points of contact.
- Harnesses/Seatbelts attached appropriately
- Fire Extinguishers - 1kg minimum, mounted securely within reach of driver.
- Alternate fuels - If you're running Methanol, C16 or any other complex other than a pump gas. You will need to provide a fuel specific fire extinguisher. Why? Check at the bottom.
- Roll cage is not required to enter, but is required to take passengers. No need for homologation but cage must be to a high standard. Half cages, ideally must have side intrusion.
Check wheel nuts are correctly torqued after each session and after replacing tyres. 4 stud = 4 wheel nuts, 5 stud = 5 wheel nuts. No exceptions.
- Bonnet pins/latch secure
- Battery - Securely mounted, if re-located it must be inside a battery box. Note: Dry-Cell is fine exposed.
- Exhaust positions - Must exit no sooner than behind the front door to eliminate exhaust gases entering the car. Note: Please point this downward with a bend to avoid spraying our marshals with excess fuel.
- Exhaust db - Keep it reasonable, throw a resonator in.
- Wastegates out bonnet/other alternative way - please keep the pipe no longer than 40mm-50mm out the bonnet
One thing we have, and most likely always will promote, is the present-ability of the cars that attend the advanced level events. We understand everyone is on a budget, a little effort really does goes along way. We don't ask alot but if you are attending an advanced event please try your best start the day off running the following:
- Headlights - if not, headlight covers
- Bumpers - man up and run them, they look better on rather than sitting in the pit garage.
If you have any questions feel free to send us a message via the "contact us" link in the main menu.